After adding the Hihome Plug-in Zigbee Gateway to your Hihome network, you can add various Zigbee sensors.
The Door/Window Sensor can be easily mounted to any door or window. It is recommended to clean the surface before using the 3M tape to mount the parts.
Any smart feature or automation can be activated when the sensor is opened or closed. Turn lights on or off, start an automation or send a notification to your phone.
Battery life is up to 5 years or 150,000 activations. Set a low battery alarm to alert you in time to replace the CR2 battery.
A Zigbee gateway is required.
What about ZigBee wireless? This is a wireless protocol that also works in the 2.4GHz band, like WiFi and Bluetooth, but it works at much lower data rates. The most important advantages of ZigBee wireless are
- Low power consumption
- Very robust network
- Up to 65,645 nodes
- Very easy to add or remove nodes from the network
- Supports 802.15.4 MAC/PHY
- Control channels 11 to 26 @2,400-2,483GHz, air interface speed 250Kbps
- Built-in DC-DC circuit for maximum power efficiency
- +10dBm maximum power.
- 63uA/MHz operating current consumption; 1.4 uA sleep current